If you ever wonder why we keep our workout posts short and to the point, it’s because we don’t want you to waste time reading when you should be working out! Don’t get me wrong, I love to read, and just finished Austin Kleon’s wonderful little book Steal Like an Artist.
One of the lessons that stood out to me in the book (and most creative books I read) is how we sabotage ourselves when it comes to starting something new or challenging. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve delayed writing blogs, working out, or other good pursuits because I tricked myself in to thinking I didn’t have all the information to START.
Sometimes, this is true, and we need more information or coaching before we jump in to a new challenge, especially a physical one! But usually, it’s a trick our mind plays on us.
One of the most commonly asked questions we get is “where do I start?” and it’s a great one! Allow me to give two answers:
1. Download 28 Days Later
Our free four-week workout plan to help you get started.
2. If you need something even simpler, even quicker, then here are two workouts that are basically a big mash-up of different ways you can get started. Pick anywhere from 1-4 of these movements and make TODAY your day to START!
- Walk 15 minutes
- 10 Squats
- 20 Jumping Jacks
- 5 Pushups
- Ride a bike, walk again, run a little – keep it simple and less than you feel you can do!
- 5 Burpees or Half-Burpees
- Towel Pulls
- 5 Dips
- 30 seconds Bridge
If you’re crushing workouts by now, here are a couple of ideas for your next workouts.
- Do these workouts multiple times until you are ready to puke (and run instead of walk).
- Pick one of the previous 129 workouts, one you either really enjoyed or really hated, and do that.
Thanks, and be ready for a blog post on Wednesday!